We all know Google is the largest search engine in the world.
But for a business it has so many more tools and services available that can help all of us get the most out of our online presence for our businesses.
And the best part is, all these Google services are free!
- Visit Google My Business here https://business.google.com and your Google+ Page. This page helps with your rankings in the search engines. You can post here similar to Facebook as Google+ is a social media platform, however you will not get the same interaction in return as you do on Facebook. But the content will benefit your search engine rankings so it is beneficial to share you content here, in particular your blog posts. Google Business also manages your Google Maps location, Google reviews, add your opening hours, photo’s, information about your business and for those who don’t have a website, it now offers a free website feature.
- Youtube is second largest search engine in the world and is owned by Google. Two very good reasons to be using it for your business. Remember to use the title, description and information associated with each video wisely. That’s the information that determines what videos come back in searches on Youtube and online.
- Visit Google Analytics here www.google.ie/analytics. You may need assistance to get the code added to your website once you have signed up to Google Analytics (feel free to get in touch if you need help here) but once you have, there is a world of knowledge here on how your website is performing and the data can be packaged any which way you please. You can see how many visits your website is getting, how many times people returned to your website, where they came from, what page they landed on, how long they spent there, what page they went to next, when they left your website, etc etc. The amount of information and data in here is endless and can be very daunting and confusing. But don’t let that put you off. Two useful sections are “Acquisition” (in particular “All Traffic”, “Search Console – Queries”, “Social”) and “Behaviour” (in particular “Behaviour Flow”, Site Content” and “Site Search”).
- Visit Google Webmaster Tools here www.google.ie/webmasters/tools – You need to register your website sitemap here. Again if you need help with this just contact us. Webmaster tools will let you know if there are any issues with the running of your website such as loading speed, broken links, malicious content or malware detected etc. Two useful areas here are: 1) Click into the domain name, and then on the menu on the left, go to “Search Traffic – Search Analytics”. 2) If you have made significant changes to your website, you can resend the Bots to your website so Google is aware of the changes. Go to ”Crawl – “Fetch As Google”. Leave the url blank after .com or .ie so it crawls the entire website and not just the home page of your site. Choose to Fetch and Render so it will override the current sitemap with the new content.
- Visit Google Keyword Planner here https://adwords.google.com/intl/en_ie/home/tools/keyword-planner – If this only brings you to your Google Adwords Accounts (sometimes it will redirect you to Adwords), click the spanner icon on the top right hand corner and under “Planning” in the first column of the drop down menu, click “Keyword Planner”. Get some inspiration for what keywords and phrases people are searching online when looking for your product or service so that you can better equip your online marketing to target potential customers more efficiently.
A little time setting these up can make a big difference. It can prepare you for any changes or decisions you make in the future. It will help you learn what areas of your online marketing you need to work on and what areas are already working for you. This is just a taster of what’s available to you from Google and other online tools that can help you. For more information or to chat about what else you can be doing online for your business, email us!